Cassper responds to suggestions his gigs may have helped spread Covid-19

Lifestyle

Johannesburg – Rapper Cassper Nyovest has responded to claims that his gigs were “always full” during the Covid-19 pandemic and may have helped spread the virus.

On Monday, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced a ban of all indoor and outdoor events for 14 days. In his address to the nation, which came as the amount of coronavirus cases in SA reached over one million, the president stated that South Africans had let their guard down and were now “paying the price”.

“We have not been wearing masks. We are not washing our hands or sanitising. And we are not keeping a safe distance from others.

“We have continued to host and attend social gatherings and events that in many cases flout public health regulations. As has been the case previously, social gatherings substantially increase the risk of transmission,” said the president.

Cassper took to social media to urge South Africans to take the second wave of the virus seriously and said he was grateful to have survived the virus when he was diagnosed earlier this year.

A follower felt that Cassper should not be preaching when he was “not careful” himself, and often held packed gigs.

Cassper admitted that he had seen faults in himself but said he was being misunderstood.

“My tweet literally says WE need to start thinking about how we moving. Kante what do you guys read? I am seeing fault in myself.

“This is why I don’t like debating on Twitter. You can never be right and people don’t read to understand but rather read to respond,” wrote Cassper.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *