resident Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria takes his oath of office for a second and final term in charge of Africa’s most populous nation. Today’s event is on the back of his re-election in polls held on February 23.
The event is slated for the Eagles Square in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. A number of African leaders are expected to grace the occasion.
Buhari was announced winner of the election having secured 15,191,847 votes against main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar’s 11,262,978 votes.
- Buhari to inspect guard of honour
- Flags lowered and new ones hoisted to signify new dispensation
- Buhari, Vice president takes oath, signs necessary documents
- Top officials receive Buhari on arrival at venue
- Vice-President arrives
- 29 State Governors also taking office across the country
- Submitting of assets declaration forms one eve of swearing in
- Big on party heavyweights, lawmakers and former leaders
- About the February 23 vote
- Curated tweets on ongoings
Throwback to Buhari’s May 2015 message: In absence of an address today
PHOTOS: Buhari's swearing in ceremony in Abuja 🇳🇬
– Oaths taken
– National/Defense flags being replaced
– Will Buhari deliver a new inauguration speech?
– 21-gun salute observed
— africanews (@africanews) May 29, 2019
Source – Africa News